Bridge 47 National Trainee / Bulgaria
The Bulgarian Platform for International Development /BPID/ is looking to recruit a trainee to assist with implementing project activities of the Bridge 47 – Building Global Citizenship project in Bulgaria (5 months, full-time)
The Bridge 47 project mobilises global civil society to contribute to global justice and eradication of poverty through global citizenship education. BPID is an NGO platform and an expert in the field of development cooperation, sustainable development. BPID and its member organisations work also in the field of global education.
The project focuses on the following areas:
- Bridge 47 network: The project sets up a vibrant global coalition in support of global citizenship.
- Advocacy at national, EU and global level. The project works to change policies at national, EU and global level to better recognize the essential role of Global Citizenship Education in achieving Agenda 2030, global justice and eradication of poverty.
- Development of partnerships: The project creates new partnerships – advocacy, knowledge exchange and exploratory partnerships – with a range of different actors, from policy makers to academia, and from media to police and military, in support of Global Citizenship Education.
Capacity development and innovation: The project builds the capacity of European and civil society organisations to work with and create innovations for Global Citizenship Education.
Tasks of the National Trainee / Bulgaria
The main tasks include:
- Contributing to the Advocacy Team’s work in coordination with the Outcome Coordinator
- Supporting the National Officer in the organisation of EU advocacy events
- Assisting in communication about Bridge 47 in Bulgaria (including translations from English to Bulgaria and vice versa) and assisting in communication about Bridge 47 in Bulgarian
- Supporting the organisation of national advocacy events, annual GCE events and Train the Trainers in Bulgaria
- Assisting in other project administration related tasks and other practical arrangements of Bridge 47 meetings and events.
Skills and Qualifications of the Trainee:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing circumstances
- Reliability as a team player
- Understanding and commitment to the values of Global Citizenship Education
- Fluency in English and Bulgarian
- Studies in relevant field (for example development studies, education, social sciences, public relations, public communication)
- Experience in organizing events
In addition, we appreciate:
- Motivation and positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a multicultural context
The position is remunerated, and the trainee will work 37,5 hours a week. The position is based in Sofia, Bulgaria. The contract duration is 5 months but should end no later than 31 July 2020.
Please send a cover letter and CV, in English to email@example.com. Please include the reference “Bridge 47– National Trainee / Bulgaria” in the title of your e-mail, cover letter and CV. Please note that applications received after closing date will not be considered.
Closing date of the call: 29 February 2020, 4PM EET.
Expected start date
The trainee is expected to start in March.