Overall Project Manager, Bulgarian Platform for International Development
Overall description of the position:
The Overall Project Manager is responsible for the sustainable project portfolio building and has supportive to the Management Board and the Executive Director role. The person is engaged in the implementation and coordination of all project activities.
The Bulgarian Platform for International Development (BPID) is a network of 15 Bulgarian CSOs working in the field of development cooperation and education. BPID activities mainly focus on conducting advocacy and policy dialogue, raising social awareness and collecting and analyzing data on the topics of development cooperation, 2030 Agenda, migration, global education, etc. The organization is partnering several international projects in line with its priorities.
The main responsibilities for the Project Coordinator are to manage and oversee the quality and timely implementation of BPID’s projects and activities funded by DEAR Programme. The person selected will be responsible for the implementation of the work plan agreed between BPID and its partners for the period of the contract.
The Project Coordinator will have active role in cooperation with the Executive Director and Board Members for recruiting staff members and consultants for the project, and for coordinating and monitoring the work and the deliverables of staff and consultants contracted by BPID on behalf of the project, to ensure that submitted deliverables hold a high quality and are submitted on time. Further, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for upholding the BPID’s financial standards and guidelines; for the financial planning, monitoring and reporting to the European Commission; for collecting data, monitoring and reporting on indicators and targets set to evaluate the progress and results achieved by the project; and for planning the implementation for the time period of the project. The Project Coordinator is also expected to participate in advocacy and policy dialogues with decision makers and national counterparts on issues included in the portfolio of the projects, which mainly pertains to the field of development cooperation, 2030 Agenda, migration and global education. The Project Coordinator will also be responsible for liaising with leading partners and for briefing leading partners in a timely manner on progress and obstacles with regards to the implementation of the work plan and the quality of the work conducted.
The Project Coordinator will work for BPID and be situated at their premises, and will be hired on a service contract by BPID for the time period of a project. The Project Coordinator will report both to the Executive Director and the Board. The responsibilities of the selected Project Coordinator and the areas for which the person will report are listed below.
- Ensuring timely and duly management of the ongoing projects and implementation of all activities listed in the Work Plan (WP) in accordance with the rules and regulations of the donor and in accordance with the partnership agreement;
- Participate in the development of TORs and recruiting staff members and consultants to conduct work on specific activities and objectives set forth in the WP;
- Reviewing all deliverables and reports to be submitted to leading partners prior to submission and liaise with staff members and consultants to ensure that the quality of the deliverables and reports submitted to leading partners are according to relevant guidelines, TORs and hold the expected standard of quality;
- Ensuring accurate and timely submission of quarterly and annual activity progress reports, financial reports to leading partners;
- Monitoring project funds, approving project disbursements according to the WP and liaise with leading partners on budgetary changes if required;
- Establishing operating arrangements for financial management and accountability, including ensuring all supporting documents are maintained and an orderly filing system is in place;
- Keeping track of project budget compliance and communicating arising issues with the steering committee and donor;
- Ensuring recommendations made as a result of the annual audits are implemented;
- Ensuring facilitation for audits in accordance with donor requirements and requests;
- Ensuring transparency and adherence to procurement regulations in procurement processes;
- Ensuring operational and financial closure of the WP according to partnership agreement and donor procedures at year end;
- Liaising with leading partners throughout the project cycle, informing leading partners on progress and obstacles in the implementation and provide necessary documentation upon request from leading partners;
- Participating in advocacy and policy dialogues with national counterparts on issues included in the portfolio of the project;
- Ensuring that the BPID projects are aligned with all the requirements set by the donor
- Tracking the progress of the project implementation and informing BPID’s network for it on a regular basis.
- A degree in policy sciences, economics or relevant
- No less than three years’ professional experience in project implementation, EU funded projects is an asset
- Knowledge of project cycle management
- Strong knowledge of development cooperation and global education issues
- Proficiency in other Microsoft Office tools, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent English
- Self-starter with strong self-motivation and a proven capacity to work in a newly established team
- Result-oriented approach
- Prior experience in work with NGOs
Terms of contract: Permanent
Please submit your CV and a motivation letter no later than 30 June 2019 via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.